You will develop an understanding of the various types of heating systems available for commercial and residential buildings and the three basic components of every heating system: the fuel source; the energy conversion plant; and the energy distribution system. After completing the course, you should have an understanding of:
- The basic selection criteria for any heating system.
- The factors that must be considered when designing a commercial heating system.
- The various types of commercial heating systems that may be used.
- The basic types and design criteria of industrial heating systems.
- The basic types and design criteria of residential heating systems.
- How to calculate heating costs.
- The relevant codes and standards that affect heating systems.
- Commissioning and maintenance of heating systems.