- the pipeline of talent feeding the HVAC&R field is in danger of being closed even further through short-sighted state government regulation?
- opportunities for more business in the development of sustainable buildings are being missed?
- standards crafted by you and your colleagues are being passed over in favor of less prescriptive (and less beneficial to the profession) measures?
As the saying goes, “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu.” This is a key period for ASHRAE, as we delve more fully into engaging with state, provincial, and local officials. It is vital that we build a network of active engineer-advocates across North America to impress upon decision-makers how their choices will impact society – and HVAC&R professionals specifically – in the days, months, and years to come.
Although we have no Uncle Sam to ask for assistance, WE NEED YOU!
The Government Affairs Office seeks members at all levels of ASHRAE – from the Regional Director to the chapter president on down to the student member – to:
- speak up;
- provide technical assistance; and
- offer public policy guidance to policymakers at the state, provincial, and local levels to ensure that the voice of the HVAC&R community is heard loud and clear in city halls, state houses, and provincial parliaments.