The fourth annual Technical Symposium will take place April 3-4, 2014 at the Dublin Institute of Technology aims to encourage the participation of young and experienced researchers and industry practitioners to share experiences and develop networks.
Recognising that system and plant performance is a global issue this joint CIBSE and ASHRAE symposium will give a platform to best practice and research from around the world.
Informational flyer and printable booking form
It will explore both active and passive building systems that will shape an effective future for the built environment and maximise energy efficiency.
Sessions this year include:
- The effectiveness of systems in use
- Evaluating the performance gap
- The reality of setting ‘thermal comfort’
- Measuring and managing energy use to reduce impact
- Balancing energy use with user expectation
- Mind the gap - modelling towards reality
- Benchmarking to enable improved building design
- Taking the heat off the grid - local heat and power systems
- Assessing and delivering designs that aspire to nothing
- The urban truth of delivering sustainable cities
The annual Technical Symposium, now in its fourth year, encourages the participation of both researchers and industry practitioners at all stages in their career to share experiences and develop networks.
Registration is now open and includes lunches, refreshments, Guinness Storehouse reception and memory stick with Symposium information.
To book a place please:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8772 3613
For questions about ASHRAE participation in this conference, please email: CIBSEDublin2014@ASHRAE.org