Contact: Jodi Scott
ATLANTA – ASHRAE has announced a call for papers for its 2015 Winter Conference in Chicago, Ill., Jan. 24-28. “With the Conference being held in the big city of Chicago, the Technical Program itself is going big with a focus on big projects, the big picture and big impacts,” Doug Cochrane, Conference chair, said.
The Conference seeks papers and programs for the tracks, which address trends in the industry; are relevant to the design community in the area; and introduce a unique topic and include core tracks on systems and equipment and fundamentals and applications.
New tracks for the Conference include:
- Industrial Facilities. Manufacturing and processes can have some different requirements for HVAC. This track explores design and practices for industrial buildings.
- Large Buildings: Mission Critical Facilities and Applications. Facilities like data centers have some different characteristics. This track looks at what is required for these unique applications.
- Life Safety. This encompasses egress, sprinklers, alarms, emergency lighting, smoke barriers and special hazard protection. This track gives you the tools for all the factors to consider in life safety and lessons learned.
- Design of Energy and Water Efficient Systems. The trend is to green sustainable buildings. This track will look at what works and what doesn’t to attain these efficient systems.
- Hospital Design and Codes. Healthcare design takes into account some unique aspects. This track explores design and code requirements to ensure patient comfort.
The Conference, which brings together engineers, other building professionals and researchers, seeks papers on applications and research. ASHRAE offers two types of paper submissions:
Conference Paper Abstracts due March 24, 2014. Upon acceptance, papers will be due July 7, 2014. These “final” papers undergo a single-blind review, are submitted as a PDF and have an eight single-spaced page maximum length.
Full Technical Papers due April 14, 2014. Papers submitted for review must be both technically accurate and clearly written. These papers undergo a rigorous double-blind review and can be a maximum of 30 double-spaced pages.
To submit a Conference paper abstract or a technical paper and for more information about the tracks, go to www.ashrae.org/chicago.
Held in conjunction with the 2015 Winter Conference is the ASHRAE co-sponsored International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition, Jan. 26-28, 2015.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a building technology society with more than 50,000 members worldwide. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability. Through research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today.