Contact: Jodi Scott
SEATTLE – ASHRAE has installed new officers and directors for 2014-15 at its Annual Meeting held here June 28-July 2.
The new president is Thomas H. Phoenix, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment and Building Energy Modeling Professional, principal and vice president, Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates, Greensboro, N.C. His presidential theme is People, Passion, Performance.
He says, “People, passion and performance are three things that come to mind when I think about ASHRAE. Thanks to our 53,000 members around the globe, ASHRAE is building a worldwide best practices network of innovative people and successful technologies to serve the built environment community. Our membership also has great passion – I see that in how much time and dedication our people give to helping write standards, develop research, guide in policy and procedure, etc. Together, our people plus their passion ensures performance – whether that’s improving the performance of our great Society or improving the performance of building stock around the world.”
Other officers installed for a one-year term are:
- President-Elect: T. David Underwood, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, ASHRAE-Certified Commissioning Process Management Professional, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Treasurer: Timothy G. Wentz, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building Design Professional, associate professor, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Neb.
- Vice President: Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, assistant vice president (Facilities Management and Planning), Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Vice President: Charles “Chuck” E. Gulledge III, P.E., Member, ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building Design Professional, senior mechanical engineer, AC Corporation, Greensboro, N.C.
- Vice President: Bjarne W. Olesen, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, professor, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
- Vice President: James K. Vallort, Fellow ASHRAE, senior vice president, Environmental Systems Design, Chicago, Ill.
ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a three-year term from 2014-2017:
- Region VII Director and Region Chair: Larry J. Fisher, founder, ECT Services, Louisville, Ky.
- Region VIII Director and Regional Chair: William K. Klock, P.E., vice president, EEA Consulting Engineers, Austin, Texas
- Region IX Director and Regional Chair: Blake E. Ellis, P.E., principal, Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, Mo.
- Region X Director and Regional Chair: Karine Leblanc, sales engineer, U.S. Air Conditioning Distributors, City of Industry, Calif.
- Region-at-Large: Farooq Mehboob, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, owner, S. Mehboob and Co., Consulting Engineers, Karachi, Pakistan
- Director-at-Large: Mark W. Fly, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, director of engineering and government affairs, AAON, Tulsa, Okla.
- Director-at-Large: Daniel Int-Hout III, Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, chief engineer, Krueger, Richardson, Texas
- Director-at-Large: Mick Schwedler, P.E., manager, applications engineering, Trane, La Crosse, Wis.
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a building technology society with more than 50,000 members worldwide. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, refrigeration and sustainability. Through research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today. More information can be found at www.ashrae.org/news.