So, you want to use the ASHRAE App for the Conference?
- Search "ASHRAE App" in either the App Store (Apple) or Google Play Store (Android) and download the app to begin. (Show)
- Select the "Chicago 2015" icon. (Show)
- To begin adding items to your personal schedule, select "My Meeting" and then enter your e-mail when prompted. You will then see a "Add to Schedule" icon when browsing sessions within the Agenda (Show)
- Since the information on the app is continuously refreshed, the
app will periodically prompt you to sync to make sure you're getting
the most current info. (Show)
Now, you'll see the full event info for the conference you've selected. (Show)
In-App Event Features
The Agenda function features all of the info you'll need to
build your own schedule, including listings for the entire technical
program and committee meetings, descriptions and locations for social
events, and floor plans for the conference space to help you navigate.
Use the "Search" feature to find specific meetings. (Show)
The Survey function allows you to provide speaker evaluation feedback digitally after attending a technical session.
The Attendees module provides you with an interactive list of all of your fellow conference attendees (Show).
Use this list to send messages and set up appointments. (Show)
When you get a message or an appointment request, you'll see a red alert bubble appear in the My Meeting module. (Show)
This where you'll find all the information related specifically to your meeting. (Show)
If you want to change settings, select My Profile - you'll see lots of options for customizing the app experience. (Show)
My Meeting > Privacy Options
If you'd like to opt-out of receiving messages using the attendees feature - simply uncheck "Display in App", save, and your name will no longer appear in the
interactive networking list. You can also use the other options on this
page if you'd like to share your e-mail or phone number with other
If you'd like to stop receiving e-mail notifications, the
Notifications tab lets you customize all these preferences as well. (Show)
Return to App Download Page
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have the app, but it's displaying old information from a previous conference.
Users seeing previous conference information will need to either refresh, re-sync or re-download the new ASHRAE app.
To download, iPhone/iPad users should visit the App Store and search for "ASHRAE App". Android users should search the Google Play Store.
- I don't want to receive messages using the "Attendees" feature. How do I opt-out?
To no longer receive messages in-app, simply uncheck "Display in App" under "My Settings" > "Privacy Options" and your name will no longer appear in the interactive networking list. You can also use the other options on this page if you'd like to share your e-mail or phone number with other attendees, or stop receiving email. (Show)
- Why does the app keep prompting me to sync?
The app attempts to sync with the server when information is updated or added. To receive the very latest information, ASHRAE recommends users sync whenever prompted to do so.
- I received a message from someone, but I can't find them by searching the Attendees list.
People who are using the app but cannot be found have opted out of the 'Display in App' option. They won't be findable in search, but can still receive messages, so reply to the original message.
- I'm not receiving messages in-app
If you've navigated out of the Events section of the app, you'll need to sync the app to view your messages the next time you access the Events section.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is made possible through support from