Exceptional Service Award
• Zahid Ayub, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, president, Isotherm, Arlington, Texas.
• Lee Burgett, P.E., Presidential/Fellow ASHRAE, consultant, Trane Co., La Crosse, Wis.
• Dale Carter, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE president/CEO, DEC Engineering, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
• Raymond Cohen, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, is retired and lives in Valparaiso, Ind.
• Drury Crawley, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Modeling Professional, director, building performance, Bentley Systems, Washington, D.C.
• K. William (Bill) Dean, P.Eng., manager, National Research Council of Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Mohammad Hosni, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, professor and Frankenhoff chair of engineering, department of mechanical and nuclear engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan
• Yunho Hwang, Ph.D., research associate professor and associate director of the Center for Environmental Energy Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
• Ben Leppard Jr., P.E., principal and director of mechanical engineering, Leppard Johnson & Associates, Tucker, Ga.
• George Menzies, P.Eng., Life Member, is retired and lives in Hamilton, ON, Canada
• Richard Rooley, FREng., Presidential/Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Operations and Performance Management Professional, owner, Rooley, Consultants, Stoke Poges, Bucks, UK.
• Alberto Sanchez, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, vice president, Global Sanchez, Tampa, Fla.
• Sitaraman Chandra Sekhar, Ph.D., C.P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, associate professor and program director, building performance and sustainability, National University of Singapore
• James Vallort, senior vice president, ESD, Chicago.
Distinguished Service Award
• Douglass Abramson is retired and lives in Chapin, S.C.
• Bruce Anderson, vice president of marketing, CES Group, Eden Prairie, Minn.
• Joseph Anderson, P.E., principal, Anderson Engineering, Germantown, Tenn.
• David Arnold, Ph.D., FREng, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, is partner, Troup Bywaters & Anders Consulting Engineers, Reading, United Kingdom
• George Austin Jr., P.E., ASHRAE-Certified High-Performance Building Design, Building Energy Assessment, Building Energy Modeling, Commissioning Process Management, Operations and Performance Management and Healthcare Facility Design Professional, principal, Shultz Engineering Group, Charlotte, N.C.
• Ronald Bailey, P.E., president, Bailey Engineering Corporation, Jupiter, Fla.
• Dieter Bartel, energy specialist, Manitoba Hydro, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
• Richard Bowman, owner, Mechanical Concepts, Wichita, Kan.
• Donald Brundage, P.E., codes and standards principal, marketing research, Southern Company, Atlanta.
• Paul Cabot, administrator, national fuel gas code, American Gas Association, Washington, D.C.
• Cynthia Callaway, P.E., senior mechanical engineer/project manager, P2S Engineering, Long Beach, Calif.
• John Carter, senior associate, CPP, Fort Collins, Colo.
• Mark Case, P.E., president, ETC Group, Salt Lake City.
• Richard Cawley, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE is retired and lives in Tyler, Texas.
• David Conover, senior technical advisor, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Great Falls, Va.
• Hugh Crowther, P. Eng., executive vice president-product management and technology, Price Mechanical Industrial, Dundas, ON, Canada
• Charles Culp, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified High-Performance Building Design Professional, professor, department of architecture, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
• Charlie Curlin Jr., P.E., principal, Shultz Engineering Group, Charlotte, N.C.
• Daniel Dettmers, associate researcher, Industrial Refrigeration Consortium, University of Madison, Wis.
• James Escamilla, P.E., president/CEO, Byce & Associates, Kalamazoo Mich.
• Kevin Fallin, P.E., president, Whitman, Requardt and Associates, Fairfax, Va.
• Donald Fenton, Ph.D., P.E., professor and department head, mechanical engineering department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
• Thomas A. Gilbertson, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE president, Thomas A. Gilbertson & Associates, Moraga, Calif.
• Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D., senior research engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Wash.
• Gerald Groff, Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE principal, Groff Associates, Cazenovia, N.Y.
• Traci Hanegan, P.E., ASHRAE-Certified Healthcare Facility Design Professional, principal mechanical engineer, Coffman Engineers, Spokane, Wash.
• Lucas Hyman, P.E., president, Goss Engineering, Corona, Calif.
• Nadar (Jay) Jayaraman, P.Eng., is special projects manager, Enbridge, Ottawa.
• John Kuempel Jr., P.E., vice president, DeBra-Kuempel, Cincinnati.
• Hal Levin, Fellow ASHRAE, research architect, Building Ecology Research Group, Santa Cruz, Calif.
• Robert Linder, P.E., senior project manager, Karges-Faulconbridge, St. Paul, Minn.
• Lawrence Markel, Fellow ASHRAE, is principal, SRA International, Knoxville, Tenn.
• Kevin Marple, president, Benz Air Engineering Co., Portland, Ore.
• Norm Maxwell, P.E., Life Member, is president, Environmental Air Quality, Great Neck, N.Y.
• Michael McDermott, project manager, Grumman Butkus Associates, Evanston, Ill.
• Robert McDowall, P.Eng., Life Member, retired and lives in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
• Tim McGinn, P.Eng., ASHRAE-Certified High-Performance Building Design Professional, principal, DIALOG, Calgary, AB, Canada.
• Mark Modera, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, professor, director, Western Cooling Efficiency Center, University of California, Davis.
• Philip Naughton, P.E., corporate energy manager, Applied Materials, Austin, Texas.
• Bruce Nelson, P.E., president, Colmac Coil Manufacturing, Colville, Wash.
• John Nix II, senior engineer, Florida Power and Light Company, Miami.
• David Olson, P.E., president, Integrated Mechanical Systems, Niwot, Colo.
• Chee Sheng Ow, Ph.D., P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, professor, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Selangor, Malaysia
• David Rasmussen, Canadian sales representative, Airdex Corporation, Barrie, Ontario, Canada
• John Rieke, P.E., senior mechanical engineer, SAIC, St. Paul, Minn.
• Harvey M. Sachs, Ph.D., senior fellow, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), Washington, D.C.
• Lawrence Schoen, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, president and principal engineer, Schoen Engineering, Columbia, Md.
• Randy Schrecengost, P.E., ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional, project manager/senior mechanical engineer, Stanley Consultants, Austin, Texas
• Michael Sherber, P.E., ASHRAE-Certified High-Performance Building Design Professional, executive vice president, The Firma Group, Avon, Conn
• Donald Siller, P.E., Life Member, president, Siller & Associates, O’Fallon, Mo.
• Steven Szymurski is retired and lives in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
• T. Minh Tran, P.E., managing director—utility operations, construction, Piedmont Natural Gas, Charlotte, N.C.
• Alan Veeck, vice president, MVA, and executive director, National Air Filtration Association, Virginia Beach, Va.
• Saul Villanueva, P.E., is principal mechanical engineer, Mechanical Applications Consultants, San Jose, Calif.
• Timothy Wentz, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified High Performance Building Design Professional, associate professor of construction management, University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
• Theresa Weston, Ph.D., research fellow, DuPont Building Innovations, Richmond, Va.
• Brandt Williams, P.E., president, Engineered Systems Design, Duncan, S.C.
• Lee D. Woods, Life Member, is being recognized posthumously.
• J. Richard Wright, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, is retired and lives in Cookeville, Tenn.
• David P. Yuill, P.E., graduate research assistant, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
• Jack Zarour, senior mechanical engineer, Genentech, a Member of the Roche Group, South San Francisco, Calif.
Distinguished 50-Year Members
The Distinguished 50-Year Member Award is given to persons who have been a member of the Society for 50 years and have performed outstanding service to the Society. The following 13 members will receive this award:
• Arthur Bennett, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, is retired and lives in Athens, Ga.
• Walter Bishop, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE is retired and lives in Sunnyside, N.Y.
• Laurence Brink, Life Member, is being recognized posthumously
• Floyd (Les) Brown, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE is retired and lives in Charleston, Ill.
• Ronald Caffrey, Life Member, partner, BSC Partners Consultants, Saint Petersburg, Fla.
• Waller Clements, P.E., Life Member, owner, Clements Consulting, Evansville, Ind.
• Thomas A. Gilbertson, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, president, Thomas A. Gilbertson & Associates, Moraga, Calif.
• Donald Glaser, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE is retired and lives in Fort Myers, Fla.
• Robert Jones, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE is retired and lives in Winchester, Va.
• James McFall, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE senior consultant, MKK Consulting Engineers, Greenwood Village, Colo.
• James Newman, Life Member, ASHRAE-Certified Operations and Performance Management Professional and Building Energy Assessment Professional, owner, managing partner, Newman Consulting Group, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
• Verle Williams, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, ASHRAE-Certified Commissioning Process Management Professional, president, Utility Services Unlimited, San Diego, Calif.
• James Woods, Ph.D., P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE, independent consultant, Charlottesville, Va.
• Stephen Idem, Ph.D., and Ananth Nalla and receive an award for “Laboratory Testing of Saddle-Tap Tees to Determine Loss Coefficient.” Idem is a professor, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Tenn.Nalla is current product engineers, Cummins Filtration, Soughton, Wis.
• Farhad Memarzadeh, Ph.D., P.E., receives an award for “Literature Review of the Effect of Temperature and Humidity on Viruses.” Memarzadeh is director, Division of Technical Resources, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.
Lincoln Bouillon Award
Dan Mills/Chapter Program Awards
William J. Collins Jr. RP Award
Lou Flagg Historical Award
Standards Achievement Award
Student Activities Achievement
Ralph G. Nevins Award
Environmental Health Award
Homer Addams Award