Comfort Cooling Award For Project Excellence
The award shall be known as the Comfort Cooling Award for Project Excellence and will encourage those studying it to expand their interest in and appreciation for comfort cooling applications. The award applies to any commercial or industrial project utilizing refrigeration equipment in a comfort cooling application. The award shall be made to both the designer and the owner of a comfort coo1ing application which highlights innovation and/or new technologies.
Award procedures for Milt Garland & Comfort Cooling Awards
- The winning projects selected by the Refrigeration Committee nominees shall receive the following:
- The designer of the winning project shall receive a plaque at a Society Winter Meeting.
- The project's owner shall receive a plaque to be presented at a refrigeration program meeting of the chapter, if requested.
- Additionally, in the case of submissions by chapters, chapters will receive the following recognitions:
- The chapter nominating the winning project shall receive a felt patch to go on the chapter award banner. Patch will be presented at the CRC following the Society award presentation.
- All chapters submitting a nomination shall be awarded ribbons at the following year's CRC.
Submission Criteria for:
- Comfort Cooling Award
- Milton W. Garland Commemorative Refrigeration Award
The awards are open to all who think their projects or other projects with which they are familiar, have achieved some distinction:
- Projects nominations may be prepared by the designers, architects, engineers, owners, or suppliers.
- A member of the project team or the owner must be an ASHRAE member. The nominator must inform and have approval from the owner of the installation that the entry may be published. (The owner's name may be withheld for privacy.) A release to this effect must be obtained from the owner of the project (see Submission Form).
- All projects must be submitted following twelve (12) preceding months and before forty-eight (48) months of the initial operation date of the system.
- The front cover shall be the applicable Award Submission Form.
- The second page shall contain no more than a two paragraph overview of the project with a brief explanation of the factors supporting the nomination.
- The following pages shall contain a description of the project. The last pages of the submission shall consist of drawings, plans, schematics, or pictures of the project which will give the judges a clear understanding of the merits of the project. This may be the projects construction or as-built documents with added explanation or notes as needed.
- Submissions must be sent to the Refrigeration Committee Staff Liaison (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1st to be considered for that year's competition. Staff Liaison will submit a copy of the submission to Chapter Technology Transfer Committee (CTTC) Regional Vice-Chair (RVC) for informational purposes as well.