• Return To Previous Screen
2.433.001 Scope and Purpose
This committee shall be responsible for grassroots activities and issues that relate to local, state and provincial government bodies in areas of interest to ASHRAE members, in order to better coordinate efforts and understanding between ASHRAE grassroots members and local government.
The members of this committee are as follows
- Voting membership shall consist of a chair, two vice chairs, a communications coordinator, and one representative from each region who serves as Regional Vice Chair.
- Non-voting members comprise one advocacy consultant, a Board ex-officio member, and a coordinating officer
Regional Vice Chairs shall hold Member grade or higher in the Society, shall have held Member grade or higher in good standing for three years prior to the start of their term, and reside in the Region they represent. The chair, vice-chairs, and communication coordinator shall have previously served as Regional Vice Chairs, and one of the four should be from outside the US.
2.433.002.3 Term of Service
The term of service for voting members is intended to be three (3) years, with appointments according to ROB 3.300.005 (A).
This Committee shall support grassroots-level governmental activities by:
- Working with the chapters to keep local, provincial and state governments updated on technical issues.
- Seeking the appointment of local chapter members to local, provincial and state governmental bodies.
The Committee shall inform and motivate ASHRAE membership about grassroots activities and issues by:
- Providing a conduit for grassroots members worldwide to keep their chapters, regions and the Society Government Affairs staff informed on governmental activities of interest to ASHRAE.
- Liaising chapters with educational, advocacy and programs-related groups within ASHRAE
- Providing tools to train and enable chapters and chapter members to effect positive interactions with government entities in their communities.
- Serving as a clearing house of grassroots government adoptions of ASHRAE-endorsed standards, guidelines and positions.
This Committee shall support the development of CRC grassroots government activities sessions at the CRCs by:
- Providing materials and qualified trainers for CRC GGAC Workshops.
- Reporting of PAOE
2.433.004 Strategic Plan
This committee shall develop procedures for recommending updates to the strategic plan on a continuous basis. As a minimum the committee shall submit a report to the council prior to the annual meeting. The report includes the current status of each activity which supports the fulfillment of the committee’s assignments under the strategic plan. The committee shall report to the council all recommendations for changes to the strategic plan as provided by the committee’s constituents prior to the Annual Meeting.