ASHRAE offers several options to stay abreast of its current standards activity. ASHRAE is active in a dual role of writing standards and guidelines following the Society's standards- writing procedures and as an advisor to persons appointed to represent the United States in the development of international HVAC&R and solar energy standards. In this latter activity, ASHRAE is delegated as Administrator by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to oversee three U.S. Technical Advisory Committees (TAGs).
The following options exist for persons who want to stay current with activities of a project committee or TAG when they are not a member of the committee or TAG:
Interested Persons (IP) may obtain additional information about specific project committees by visiting the Standards and Codes section of the ASHRAE website.
For ASHRAE Standards, topics may include:
- procedures, forms, and other standards related information,
- notices when a draft document is available for public review,
- notices of the publication of the standard or guideline,
- notices of any special meeting of the project committee between ASHRAE Society Meetings,
- downloadable versions of public review draft standards (available only during the public review draft period)
- Addenda to published standards,
- official interpretations of the published standards, and
- errata to published standards.
For ASHRAE Code Interaction, topics may include:
- procedures, membership, meetings and minutes,
- ASHRAE Standards referenced in Codes,
- Code Development Committee
- Model Code Organization Interaction with ICC, IAPMO, and NFPA,
- CIS Listserve.
For U.S. TAGs topics please visit the page for International Secretariats and U.S. TAGs Administered by ASHRAE on Committee Activities of the Standards Activities Landing Page.
ASHRAE Standards now has a listserve that will automatically notify you via e-mail when a new edition of the ASHRAE Standards Actions is available on the ASHRAE website. Standards Actions contains announcements for: a Call for Members for a particular project committee, Call for Comments on public review drafts currently available, Notice of Withdrawn Standards, new Interpretations and Errata, updates on standards and guidelines, and various other standards related information. In addition to the Standards Actions listserve, ASHRAE now has project committee listservers for:
- SSPC 41, Standard Methods for Measurement
- SSPC 62.1, Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Commercial, Institutional, and High-Rise Residential Buildings
- SPC 62.2, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low-Rise Residential Buildings
- SSPC 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
- SSPC 90.2, Energy-Efficient Design of Low-Rise Residential Buildings
- SPC 161, Air Quality Within Commercial Aircraft
- SPC 189.1, Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
Interested parties can now subscribe and unsubscribe to these listservers and be automatically notified via e-mail when activities and information related to the applicable project committee is available.
To sign up for any of the ASHRAE Standards listservers please look for Standards Listservers in the Listservers section of the ASHRAE website.
If you have questions, contact ASHRAE Headquarters, Standards Section, 404/636-8400, FAX: 404/321-5478, e-mail: email@example.com