The explanatory material, detailed information, figures, and examples contained within this User's Manual are provided to aid the user in designing, installing, and operating buildings in accordance with ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2010. This Manual does not reproduce the requirements of the standard, but rather paraphrases and explains them.
Intended to be used in conjunction with the standard, this Manual:
- Offers information on the intent and application of Standard 62.1;
- Explains the standard through the use of sample calculations and examples;
- Encourages the user to apply the principles of good indoor air quality and effective ventilation when designing buildings and building systems;
- Provides useful reference material to assist designers in efficiently completing a successful and compliant design;
- Gives guidance to building operation and maintenance personnel.
This Manual also instructs the user in the application of tools used for compliance with Standard 62.1-2010. In particular, three newly revised spreadsheets are distributed with this User's Manual that assist in the Ventilation Rate Procedure calculations.
This User's Manual is intended to be used by:
- Architects and engineers who must apply the standard to the design of their buildings;
- Those manufacturers of systems and components who choose to provide the industry with complying equipment;
- Plan examiners and field inspectors who will be charged with enforcing the standard in areas where it is adopted as code;
- General and specialty contractors who must construct buildings in compliance with the standard; and
- Operators and maintainers who must ensure the compliance of the building throughout its lifespan.
ASHRAE Member Price: $ 64
List Price: $ 75