Engineering Technology Scholarships
Annual Application Deadline: May 1
Scholarships are awarded for the academic year following the application deadline and beginning with the fall semester. Re-applications accepted from former scholarship applicants and recipients who meet the current criteria.
Lynn G. Bellenger Engineering Technology Scholarship (1 available)
One-year $5,000 scholarship available to a female undergraduate engineering technology student enrolled full-time in a post-secondary educational institution and pursuing a bachelor or an associate degree in a course of study which has traditionally been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession.
Engineering Technology Scholarships (3 available)
One-year $5,000 scholarships available annually to undergraduate engineering technology students enrolled full-time in a post-secondary educational institution and pursuing a bachelor or an associate degree in a course of study which has traditionally been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession.
- Applicant must have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least a 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class standing of no less than the top 30% evidenced by an official transcript of grades (if college grades are not available by the application deadline, submit official transcript of high school grades and verification of current college enrollment). Transcripts must be mailed. A photocopy will not be accepted.
- Three signed letters of recommendation submitted as follows: one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference. In the case of institutions with an ASHRAE student branch, a letter from the faculty advisor of that branch may be submitted as one of the three letters of recommendation.
- At least one of the following is met:
- the institution hosts a recognized ASHRAE student branch ASHRAE Student Branches
- the program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) www.abet.org, the Partnership for Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA) http://www.pahrahvacr.org, or a signatory agency of the Sydney Accord http://www.washingtonaccord.org/sydney/sydneylinkages.cfm
For a list of schools with an ASHRAE student branch or accrediting agencies recognized by ASHRAE for the purpose of granting a scholarship, click on the links provided above or contact Lois Benedict at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-539-1120 (direct).