You will develop an understanding of the current needs to operate, maintain, and manage buildings. Heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems and equipment are primarily discussed as they account for a great deal of operation and maintenance efforts. However, operation and maintenance of plumbing, electrical, life safety systems and other elements of building systems are also presented. After completing the course, you should know:
- How to identify the major elements of an effective maintenance program and understand the advantages of transitioning to a proactive maintenance program.
- How to define Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and describe the types of CMMS training available.
- The cost considerations associated with owning and operating a building.
- How to effectively use controls to measure and monitor building energy performance.
- The functional testing performed during commissioning including the existing-building commissioning process.