Welcome to the ASHRAE Pressroom!
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a global society advancing human well-being through sustainable technology for the built environment. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality and sustainability within the industry. Through research, standards writing, publishing and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today.
ASHRAE's areas of expertise include:
- energy efficiency
- high performance buildings
- indoor air quality
- green building design
- building codes and standards
- data center air conditioning and ventilation
- health concerns such as Legionnaire's
disease and mold growth
- guidance for a safe environment during
Manager of Public Relations
Click here to sign up for the ASHRAE media list to ensure you receive the latest news releases about advancements in the building industry.
You can also receive news releases via RSS. Click here to access the RSS feed sign-up.
ASHRAE Consumer Center
To help educate consumers about air conditioning, energy efficiency and other issues important to ASHRAE, we have created an online consumer center. The center includes information about:
Frequently asked questions
Energy efficiency in homes
Indoor Air Quality
Proper humidity levels in homes
ASHRAE Press Releases
- Deadline for Call for Papers Extended for International Conference on Energy Research and Development
May 20, 2015
ATLANTA – An extension for papers has been announced for a conference focused on emerging energy conversion technologies, conservation and management strategies.
- New ASHRAE Standard Provides Method of Test on Determining Heat Gain of Office Equipment
May 12, 2015
ATLANTA – The growing use of plug loads in buildings as well as insufficient data on how much energy they generate present a challenge to engineers in determining how to best cool a building.
- Program Set for ASHRAE 2015 Energy Modeling Conference: LowDown Showdown Announced
May 5, 2015
ATLANTA – ASHRAE has announced the technical program for its “Energy Modeling Conference: Tools for Designing High Performance Buildings,” Sept. 30 to Oct. 2, 2015, in Atlanta, Ga., at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and Conference Center.
- CLIMA 2016 12th REHVA World Congress Announced for 2016 in Denmark
May 4, 2015
ATLANTA – Papers are being sought for CLIMA2016, which takes place May 22-25, Aalborg, Denmark. The abstract deadline is November 2015.