Welcome to the ASHRAE Pressroom!
ASHRAE, founded in 1894, is a global society advancing human well-being through sustainable technology for the built environment. The Society and its members focus on building systems, energy efficiency, indoor air quality and sustainability within the industry. Through research, standards writing, publishing and continuing education, ASHRAE shapes tomorrow’s built environment today.
ASHRAE's areas of expertise include:
- energy efficiency
- high performance buildings
- indoor air quality
- green building design
- building codes and standards
- data center air conditioning and ventilation
- health concerns such as Legionnaire's
disease and mold growth
- guidance for a safe environment during
Manager of Public Relations
Click here to sign up for the ASHRAE media list to ensure you receive the latest news releases about advancements in the building industry.
You can also receive news releases via RSS. Click here to access the RSS feed sign-up.
ASHRAE Consumer Center
To help educate consumers about air conditioning, energy efficiency and other issues important to ASHRAE, we have created an online consumer center. The center includes information about:
Frequently asked questions
Energy efficiency in homes
Indoor Air Quality
Proper humidity levels in homes
ASHRAE Press Releases
- ASHRAE Announces Spring 2015 Online Courses; New Course on Commissioning Process
February 26, 2015
ATLANTA – With the commissioning process becoming widely recognized as being critical to the success of high-performance buildings ASHRAE has added a new Learning Institute course focused on requirements in its first commissioning standard.
- ASHRAE/IES Publish Updated Standard on Energy Efficiency in Existing Buildings
February 24, 2015
ATLANTA – A newly revised standard from ASHRAE and IES seeks to provide greater guidance and a more comprehensive approach to retrofit of existing buildings for increased energy efficiency.
- Codes, Standards Developers Align Guidelines to Create Sustainable, High-Performance Buildings
Consistency will benefit the environment, code compliance, builders, designers
February 23, 2015
WASHINGTON – Several leading associations that develop codes and standards to create green buildings are collaborating to align the International Green Construction Code (IgCC), ANSI/ASHRAE/IES/USGBC Standard 189.1 and the LEED green building program.
- Proposed Energy Standard for Data Centers, Telecommunications Buildings Open for Public Comment
February 20, 2015
ATLANTA – A proposed standard from ASHRAE providing requirements for energy use in data centers is open for public input.